Hello, I’m Shannon. I love design, color, Pinterest, reading, and snarky t-shirts!
A tiny bit about me. I grew up on a dairy farm in central Pennsylvania and am not afraid to jump in to get the work done. This means when I am working on a project I am all in and I am dedicated to the task of identifying the issue, figuring out ways to solve it, and making sure it is fixed.
Teal and navy are my favorite colors, but if you checked out my Pinterest board of color inspiration you would see that I adore color palettes.
Personal and professional development is something I work on daily and that is understandable considering my Myers-Briggs Personality Type is INFJ. I REALLY dislike the phrase “this is how we have always done it.”
According to my Clifton Strengths profile I am especially strong in the following areas:
This means I am a visionary that is able to find the best route for moving forward when others assume there is no way. I constantly strive to learn and improve and am driven to learn something new every day. I have a strong sense of responsibility and work very hard to fulfill my responsibilities and keep my word. I am not fond of mind-numbing routines. I thrive in environments where I can wear multiple hats and I am great at seeing patterns and finding connections where others do not.
I work hard but I love to laugh. In my spare time, outside of spending time with my family, I am an avid reader. I adore professional development thought leaders like Mel Robbins, Rachel Hollis, Amy Porterfield, Jenna Kutcher, and Trent Shelton. I also read romance novels and design book covers for them. You can see that work at wildelakecreative.com.
- TTEC – 2018 – Present – Instructional Designer (Remote)
- First Data – 2014-2018 – Instructional Designer (Hagerstown, MD)
- Shippensburg Health Care Center – 2012-2014 – HR Manager (Shippensburg, PA)
- Wilson College – 2012 (Contract) – HR Administrator (Chambersburg, PA)
- C. Johnson Trucking, LLC. – 2008 – 2012 – HR Manager (Mercersburg, PA)
- JLG Industries, Inc. – 2005 – 2008 – HR Coordinator (McConnellsburg, PA)
- World Marketing of America, Inc. – 1999-2005 – Warranty/Sales Coordinator/Graphic Designer (Mill Creek, PA)
- City University of Seattle – Ed.D. Leadership (Innovation & Entrepreneurship) In Progress
- University of Maryland University College – Distance Education & eLearning (18 credits)
- Boise State University – Master of Educational Technology – 2013
- The Pennsylvania State University – B.A. Labor Studies & Employment Relations – 2012